My work has recently taken a 360. It stemmed from fear, however it is more about the inner struggle of an individual, which in my case is my fear. Ever person that walks this earth has inner pain and many try to hide it, but sometimes you can catch a second when their pain is shown on there face and through their eyes. Although my images appear quite violent they actually have nothing to do with violence. I use the beaten look to represent the wounded soul.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Way to forget the computer


For those who do not know I am working on a very large painting of one of my students Tommy. For those who also don't know, I hate this painting but that is not the point. On Monday I forgot my computer, which I have an image on and I paint directly from. This absent minded move of mine turned into a happy accident and I instead decided to paint a silly image that I might be able to sell during the arts festival that the town has in July. In the end I loved the little painting so much I am going to keep it. It will forever be mine little frog in the flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment