My work has recently taken a 360. It stemmed from fear, however it is more about the inner struggle of an individual, which in my case is my fear. Ever person that walks this earth has inner pain and many try to hide it, but sometimes you can catch a second when their pain is shown on there face and through their eyes. Although my images appear quite violent they actually have nothing to do with violence. I use the beaten look to represent the wounded soul.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Animals...why not?



so for some reasons I can not seem to help painting the strange animal pictures we have at the studio for the kids to paint. We have tons of old animal pictures that for some reason never get picked by the little ones and I for some reason have had the uncontrollable urge to paint them. This started with the frog and has now moved onto hippos, water birds and most recently rams and even stranger pointy frogs. i have however also started a new larger painting continuing on with the rat theme. I have been thinking about doing paintings of everyday activities in which my rats will be present. This is to show that no matter where I go, or what I am doing, they are always there waiting to be bothersome. I am hoping it turns out well, however I am not really feeing it yet. I apologize for my photographs they did not come out so well this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment